Cannataro Family Capital Partners (CFCP) is passionate about helping people and businesses realize their true financial potential and making every desire a reality. Our team members excel at what they do and are dedicated to delivering solutions that meet and exceed our clients’ expectations. They are committed to serving the client with the highest level of attention and care..
The fulfillment of our mission can only be achieved through client loyalty. Since our founding, CFCP’s standards of professional conduct and integrity have not only led to positive goal achievement for clients, it is how we measure our success. We are always accountable to our clients and strive to develop and nurture long-lasting relationships. Our multi-generational client base demonstrates the faith, trust and confidence our clients have in us and this guides us in our daily actions.
At CFCP, the competence and conduct of our team members translates into the utmost professionalism and is the backbone of our practice. The 150+ years of collective financial industry experience our people possess greatly enhances our collaborative effort. By going beyond individual accomplishments and promoting spirited teamwork, we are able to achieve our common goal of helping clients succeed.
CFCP’s wealth management process embodies a disciplined approach of identifying a client’s short and long-term needs and goals along with all economic and operational constraints — liquidity, time horizon, taxes, legal and regulatory environment and unique circumstances. We are deliberate in setting appropriate objectives for each client’s particular profile.
Lou has been helping clients achieve their lifetime and business goals for over 30 years. Lou and Cannataro Family Capital Partners (CFCP) have received national recognition being named to Forbes Top 250 Securities Professionals and Financial Times Top 400 Advisors across the nation. Lou is an credentialed advisor with nine advanced degrees and/or certifications in personal and business planning. He has a long history of becoming a well trusted family advisor not only for individual families but for his business owners as well. Lou is uniquely certified and more importantly, very experienced in creating synergy between personal and business planning.
After Lou finished his MBA in finance, he founded CFCP within Northwestern Mutual. He was the leading first year advisor out of his region, and has never looked back. Lou has always accredited his success to focusing on the development of long-term relationships with his clients. His "no nonsense" approach coupled with sound, consistent advice, has propelled his team to the top echelon of practices within Northwestern Mutual’s Wealth Management Company.
Not only has CFCP continually received accolades for outstanding performance each year, Lou's practice received the inaugural Financial Security Award (FSA) led the Eastern region then and has received the award every year since—the prestigious FSA is awarded annually for well-rounded financial planning and comprehensive competency.
A standout in the industry, Lou brings over 60 thousand hours of face to face meetings/experience to each meeting. His ability to utilize this experience and level of empathy demonstrated for his client’s goals an mission in life is evident in every conversation. Lou is known for his low-key, no nonsense approach to planning. He brings clarity to complex issues and provides transparency to the inner workings of each topic.
- The Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®) designation focuses on the comprehensive financial planning process as an organized way to collect and analyze information on a client's total financial situation; to identify and establish specific financial goals; and to formulate, implement, and monitor a comprehensive plan to achieve those goals. The ChFC program provides financial services professionals with in-depth knowledge of the skills needed to perform comprehensive financial planning for their clients.
- The Registered Employee Benefits Consultant (REBC®) designation is the undisputed professional credential for persons working in the dynamic fields of employee benefits, health insurance, incentive compensation, and retirement plan funding, installation and administration. The REBC® designation signifies that an individual working in these fields has attained comprehensive knowledge of the following subject matter: pensions, retirement, planning group medical plans, health insurance, long-term care, executive compensation, personnel management, and much more. The REBC designation is granted by The American College to individuals who successfully complete a challenging six course curriculum and meet additional expertise and ethics requirements.
- The Accredited Estate Planner (AEP®) designation is available to attorneys, Chartered Life Underwriters, Certified Public Accountants, Certified Trust and Financial Advisors, Chartered Financial Consultants, and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional. The AEP® designation is awarded by the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils to recognized estate planning professionals who meet special requirements of education, experience, knowledge, professional reputation, and character.
- The Chartered Advisor for Senior Living (CASL®) designation focuses exclusively on providing you with comprehensive knowledge on the full range of financial, health, psychological and sociological issues confronting older clients. In earning the CASL® designation, you gain a thorough understanding of health and health care insurance-related issues, long term care insurance, planning for pension distributions, suitability of investments, federal estate taxation and counseling on key family decisions.
- The Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®) designation has long been recognized as the fundamental and foremost educational credential for life insurance professionals. Since 1927, more than 94,000 individuals have earned their CLU, helping them build a successful life insurance practice by providing clients with knowledgeable and ethical advice. For financial representatives, field management, home office personnel, and others involved in providing life insurance products to the public, the CLU designation symbolizes continuing growth and commitment to professionalism.
- The Certified in Long-Term Care (CLTC®) designation is the long-term care insurance industry's only independent professional designation. Created in 1999, the program is focused on the field of long-term care planning and provides legal, accounting, insurance and financial service professionals the critical tools necessary to create a plan that preserves the emotional, physical, and financial wellbeing of a client's family should care be necessary. Once established, options to fund that plan--including Medicare, Medicaid, the Veterans Administration, self-funding and long-term care insurance--are reviewed and recommended where appropriate.
- The Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP®). The RICP educational curricula is the most complete and comprehensive program available to professional financial advisors looking to help their clients create sustainable retirement income. The rigorous credential helps advisors master retirement income planning, a key focus area not fully covered in other professional designation programs. From retirement portfolio management techniques and mitigation of plan risks to the proper use of annuities, employer-sponsored benefits and determining the best Social Security claiming age, the RICP provides a wealth of practical information for advisors.
- The Wealth Management Certified Professional (WMCP®) designation prepares advisors to build long-term wealth management plans. Advisors with a WMCP® designation have a deep understanding of wealth and investment management, and expertise on a wide array of topics, including portfolio theory, investment tools, tax rules, and wealth management strategies. Rather than focusing solely on investment choices, the WMCP® program ingrains complex wealth and investment management concepts through real-life simulations and state-of-the-art digital coursework. In an age of disruptive technology, the WMCP® program prepares advisors to deliver on clients’ highest expectations. The WMCP® designation provides your advisor with the education needed to deliver service and expertise aligned with your expectations, and to help you make informed financial decisions aligned with your long-term financial goals.
- The Chartered Special Needs Consultant (ChSNC®). A Chartered Special Needs Consultant has the specialized training and experience required to help manage the unique legal and financial planning needs for individuals with disabilities. ChSNCs take pride in ensuring they can adequately address the concerns, hopes, and goals of special needs families.
- Manhattan College - Finance (M.B.A.)
- Manhattan College - Marketing (M.B.A.)
- College of Mt. St. Vincent - Business (B.S.)
Awards and Recognition
- FORBES TOP 250 Security Professional
- Financial Times Top 400 Advisor
- Life Time MDRT Member Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT), the Premier Association of Financial Professionals
- Qualifying life member of the Northwestern Mutual Forum, recognizing the highest level of productivity and excellence since 1998
Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA)
- Society of Financial Service Professionals
- National Association of Estate Planning and Council
Lou and his wife Colette reside in West Nyack, NY. Louis enjoys his family life. Colette and Lou spend the weekdays in NYC and the weekends down shore with their children Louis Frank, Caroline, Jack, Kate.
Lou enjoys his family life, skiing, fishing, golfing, biking, ice hockey, the Jersey Shore and catching up with Colette when she is back from her photography trips!?? Instagram: colettecannataroimagery
Lou has also been featured in major media outlets such as Barron’s, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Yahoo! Finance, Newsday, U.S. News & World Report.
Aaron Bell is a partner and lead advisor of Cannataro Family Capital Partners (FCP). He cares deeply about economic opportunity and helping families and businesses widen their circle of fortuity. With over 15 years of financial experience, his start in the industry came as a financial sector analytics researcher at FreshMinds consultancy in London until 2007. He then moved to New York, NY and worked in private equity for Quadrangle Group LLC, and later in leveraged finance for Barclays Capital. In summer of 2008, Mr. Bell sought a career in asset management to apply his broad understanding of capital markets and practical applications to managing risk. He began working as an investment professional specializing in portfolio construction, investment research and taxation strategies, alongside Principal Partner Lou Cannataro, a top echelon advisor within the Northwestern Mutual Wealth Management Company. Now, co-head of advisory review within the firm, Mr. Bell oversees strategy and diligencing for FCP’s investment research and execution teams. He earned the Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC ®) and Charted Life Underwriter (CLU®) designations, holds a B.Sc. and B.A. with Honors from Pacific Lutheran University, obtained his M.A. from University of Oregon, and completed the Certified Investment Management Analyst program at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
FCP advisors know what it takes to run a business and focus on what is best for clients and their financial goals. As independent professionals they do not have pressure or distractions from corporate or shareholder interests. Mr. Bell is a registered Investment Advisor Representative (IAR) with licensed competency to provide securities advice, manage portfolios, and offer financial planning. Mr. Bell is also a broker-dealer Registered Representative (RR), qualified to buy and sell securities such as stocks, bonds, funds and alternative investment products for individuals and entities. In addition to his FINRA Securities 7 and 66 licensing (incl. 65 & 63), he holds licenses for life and health insurance, annuities, disability income and he attained certification in long-term care insurance (CLTC®). Because of his registrations and licenses, Mr. Bell’s services uniquely include both fee-only and non-fee planning services for individuals, families, trusts, institutions, and foundations in 38 states.
Mr. Bell lives in the West Village neighborhood of Manhattan with his wife Lydia, and their daughter and two sons, Loella, Edson, and Lyndon. He coaches high school varsity at The Heschel School (NY), is an Executive Committee member to the Board of Regents at PLU (WA), actively contributes on the Board of Advisors at Mansfield Hall College (VT, WI, OR), is Financial Counsel to the highly acclaimed Third Space Brewing Company (WI), humble recipient of several GABF medal awards, and serves as a Director in the Fulsom T. Jenkins Heritage Foundation, a national nonprofit/charitable organization based in Oklahoma City (OK).
Robert Reni was raised on the Chesapeake Bay, MD where he grew up working in his family’s marina businesses. Robert attended high school at the Hill School in Pottstown, PA. Robert enrolled at Franklin & Marshall College, transferred, and then graduated from the University of Maryland in 1999. Robert currently resides in Garden City, NY with his wife, Cindy, and two children, Ava and Bennett. Robert is an avid sport fisherman. Robert also enjoys diving, sailing, hiking, squash, and traveling with his family.
Qualifications and Expertise:
Robert Reni, CFP®, ChFC® has led his financial services team affiliated with Northwestern Mutual since 2003. Robert specializes in supporting individuals and closely held businesses concerning a variety of business, estate, investment, insurance, and pension planning decisions. Robert has earned the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) certification through the CFP® board of standards and the Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®) designation through the American College. Robert is one of a select group of advisors within the Northwestern Mutual system that is able to provide fee-only planning advice. Robert’s services include both fee-only and non-fee planning services.
After graduating from Bentley University with a degree in Management, I began working with Northwestern Mutual and now have over 30 years of service. My primary office is in Trumbull, CT, but I also am a member of our Park Ave office in NYC, as well as our Norwalk, CT office. For all my clients, I can provide:
- Financial Planning
- Investment Strategies
- Retirement Planning
- Disability Income Planning
- Life Insurance Planning
- Long Term Planning
As a Financial Advisor, I understand the pressure individuals and families feel about being financially stable for the future. I’ve experienced it in my own life with my parents and the challenges they faced when they had Long Term Care events. In any circumstance, I would provide the same recommendations for a client and their families as if I was making them for myself and my family.
I have the pleasure of working with Katarina Varga, Director of Client Relations. Our goal is to help and educate each client to meet their financial goals and provide stability and comfort for them and their families.
By providing internationally recognized investment products and world-class insurance services, building a client relationship built on trust, respect, and integrity, I will work my hardest to protect and provide for the people you most care about. Although sometimes it is not easy, I do take pride in telling clients what they need to hear, not what they want to hear.
Feel free to visit my website for additional information: www.craig-meadows.com.
Brad is a Wealth Management Advisor and has been with Northwestern Mutual for over 30 years. During this time, Brad has been dedicated to protecting his clients’ families and helping them reach their financial goals. He specializes in comprehensive planning including complex investment and insurance strategies along with estate, education and retirement planning tailored to each client’s specific situation.
Before becoming an Advisor with Northwestern Mutual in 1991, Brad graduated from the Lubin School of Business at Pace University. He maintains FINRA Series 6, 7 & 63 securities registrations as well as Life, Accident & Health Insurance licenses. Throughout his career Brad has also built a team of experienced professionals to help him uphold his commitment to provide his clients with highest level of care and best possible service.
Brad and his wife, Claudyne, reside in New Jersey with their four children - Luke, Emma, Hannah, and Owen.
Sabena attended Queens College and obtained a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Economics. Sabena is licensed in Life, Accident, and Health Insurance. Sabena has extensive experience of over 20 years in the financial services industry and established her career as an associate at Cannataro Family Capital Partners in May 2011. Sabena's role includes managing the life, disability and long-term care insurance underwriting process, preparation of planning presentation materials including illustrations and analyses, and all aspects of office technology. She also provides excellent customer service support to all existing clients, is extremely organized, and is an absolute asset to the insurance department. Sabena works 4 days a week (M-Th) at Cannataro Family Capital Partners and is a full-time mom of 3 lovely kids. Sabena lives in Astoria, NY and in her spare time enjoys spending time with her family and friends.
Rob has been an associate of the Cannataro Family Capital Partners since 2014. He attended Zicklin School of Business at Baruch College where he studied finance and economics. Rob Is dedicated to developing long-term client relationships, and helping our clients achieve all of their financial goals and objectives.
Rob lives in Staten Island, NY and when he is not in the office you can find him on the water fishing.
Louis has been part of Cannataro Family Capital Partners since 2011. He has earned the Associate Wealth Management Advisor title with Northwestern Mutual Wealth Management Company and is a Registered Representative of Northwestern Mutual Investment Services, LLC maintaining securities Series 7, 6 and 63 registrations, as well as NY life and health licenses.
Louis directs the day to day operation of portfolio management, research, analysis, and trading. He serves as one of the main points of contact for our Wealth Management clients, supervising the coordination and execution of investment assets. Prior to his investment responsibilities, Louis gained proficient use of propriety software to assist in Client Review preparations, and create detailed financial and estate planning documents. He serves all our clients’ needs with his foundational understanding of finance and he continues to be a valued resource to our planning department.
Louis is a graduate of Temple University with a double major in Finance and Marketing. He currently resides in Chappaqua, NY with his wife Jenna and daughter Caila, and in his spare time plays competitive volleyball.
The Wealth Management Certified Professional (WMCP®) uses contemporary investment management, portfolio management, and financial planning strategies to bring a new level of value to the relationship between financial advisors and clients. WMCP® credential holders will have the expertise to:
- Implement investment management plans for a range of client goals, including retirement planning, estate planning, small business planning, education, housing, and legacy.
- Develop a deep understanding of investment management and financial planning and how they can be used to meet investors’ goals
- Identify client tax characteristics and evaluate investment management strategies that can provide the highest after-tax performance using traditional, Roth and taxable accounts
- Address the importance of human capital, including risk management of factors like premature death, disability, and the integration of earnings into portfolio management.
- Strategically use life insurance products in financial planning
- Help clients effectively manage risk
- Account for client emotions and behavior to help investors reach long-term goals
The Certified in Long-Term Care (CLTC) designation is the long-term care insurance industry's only independent professional designation. Created in 1999, the program is focused on the field of long-term care planning and provides legal, accounting, insurance and financial service professionals the critical tools necessary to create a plan that preserves the emotional, physical, and financial wellbeing of a client's family should care be necessary. Once established, options to fund that plan--including Medicare, Medicaid, the Veterans Administration, self-funding and long-term care insurance--are reviewed and recommended where appropriate.
Colette is back! Colette was the first employee of CFCP, and without her help and dedication, it would have never risen to the height of its success.
After putting in 15 years on the equity sales desk at Lazard Freres & Co. in Manhattan, she took on an even more stressful job raising her five children. That mission, although never complete, is requiring less of her time. Colette has now come full circle and rejoined CFCP. Colette will be responsible for business affairs, accounting, marketing, and public relations. Colette received her B. A. from The College of Mount Saint Vincent in business and communications.
When Colette is not working, she can be found spending time with the children, attending Springsteen concerts, or getting exhausted at Crossfit, as she continually prepares for the ski season.
Zach joined Cannataro Family Capital Partners as an Investment Operations Associate in May 2018, and has since risen through the ranks to become an Associate Wealth Management Advisor, and the Investment Operations Manager within the practice. Arriving with a breadth of experience working as a Financial Solutions Advisor at Merrill Lynch in 2017 and as a Portfolio Analyst intern for The Concord Advisory Group in Princeton, NJ the year prior, Zach has since accomplished quite a lot in his years with Cannataro Family Capital Partners: earning his Series 7 Investment License, Series 66 Investment License, his Life & Health Insurance License and he has obtained the designation for Certification in Long Term Care (CLTC®). Zach graduated magna cum laude from Rider University with a B.Sc. in Finance, and currently resides in Hoboken, NJ.
Amanda first joined Cannataro Family Capital Partners as a Wealth Management intern in 2018, and soon thereafter, she was hired full-time in 2019 as an Insurance Operations Specialist. Within her first 18 months of being on the team, she successfully passed the Life & Health Insurance License exam, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam, the Series 7 and Series 63 investment license exams while setting her sights to achieve even more in the years ahead. She takes great pride in her efforts, particularly with seeing clients through to the goals at hand. Amanda graduated with a B.A. in Finance from the University of Scranton, and currently lives in Queens, NY.
Frank Cannataro joined Cannataro Family Capital Partners as our Financial Planning Analyst. He has successfully passed the Life & Health Insurance exam and obtained the designation for Certification in Long Term Care (CLTC®). Frank currently serves as an Insurance Operations Associate, while maintaining the day to day workflow of the team. Frank graduated from the University of Vermont with a Bachelors in Business Management. He current resides in Manhattan.
Anthony joined Cannataro Family Capital Partners as a Financial Planning Analyst, and he is responsible for maintaining client relationships and managing work flow throughout the team. Anthony graduated from Manhattan College with a Bachelor of Science in Finance, and currently resides in Yonkers, NY.
Licenses: Life&Health, Series 6, and Series 63